Friday 18 December 2009

Trailer Music

For my trailer I have carefully selected suitable music that will add tension to the trailer. In some scenes there will be the original sound, but it will be mainly music edited in. Below is a list of the ideas of possible songs or sound effects I could use. Beside some songs I have indicated what part of the song I would use.

• Burial – Untitled 24 - 38 seconds
• Jamie Woon – Wayfaring Stranger (Burial Remix) 30 – 42 seconds
• B Complex – Winter 0 – 21 seconds
• Chase & Status - Pieces - This song will be used in the latter part of my trailer when the group run from the killer who is hell bent on revenge. The lyrics are suitable for this section of the trailer because the song talks about feeling cold inside, like having no soul relating to the killer. This is a drum & bass song and so will match the fast paced part of the trailer with quick cuts and fast movements in the clips. Here's a segment from the song:

"You don't care,
About me,
Anymore,
Thats why you, you wanna break my heart.

I remember when i used to feel sutin, i remember when i used to feel sutin.
I remember when i used to feel sutin, i remember when i used to feel sutin.
I remember when i used to feel sutin, i remember when i used to feel sutin.
I remember when i used to feel sutin, now-o-ow-o-ow i'm just cold inside."

Listen to "Pieces" below:

• A heart beating
• Squeaky sound
• High pitch sound for the duration of the flashback
• Footsteps
• Heavy breathing
- Heavy Rain
- Radio Static
- Henry Hill - Teddy Bear's Picnic - I have carefully selected two verses that will hint of the terrible tragedy about to unfold. This contrapuntal music will send shivers down the spines of the audience because this playful song's meaning has been reversed to portray an evil meaning. This clever use of contrapuntal music is often more effective than regular scary music. The lyrics are :

"If you go down in the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go down in the woods today
You'd better go in disguise.

If you go down in the woods today
You'd better not go alone.
It's lovely down in the woods today
But safer to stay at home."

No comments:

Post a Comment