Thursday 17 December 2009

Effective use of Transitions

Whilst creating the detailed storyboard for my trailer I learnt which transitions were suitable to create the correct effect for my horror film. Studying professional trailers like 'Wrong Turn' and 'Jeepers Creepers' I noticed that the most common type of transition used between shots is the straight cut. This keeps the action fast paced and interesting.

They then used the fade transition when they put a strap line in. These subtle but all important details will make my trailer more professional. The most important thing remember with transitions is that the viewer shouldn't notice the changes, if they notice the transitions the change between the clips is either unsuitable or done deliberately, one example is to use a graphic match to join two clips together.

No comments:

Post a Comment